- Stay in the kitchen when cooking on the stove top.
- Stay at home when cooking your turkey and check it frequently.
- Keep children at least 3 feet away from the hot stove.
- Heat cooking oil slowly and watch it closely; it can ignite quickly!
- Keep a lid nearby to smother small grease fires. NEVER throw water on a grease fire!
- Always use turkey fryers outdoors and on level ground.
In 2017 the U.S. fire department responded to an estimated 1,600 cooking fires on Thanksgiving. Keeping fire safety top of mind in the kitchen during the holiday will keep you from having a Thanksgiving disaster! Lauranzano Insurance Agency hopes you and your family have a safe and joyous Thanksgiving!